BetterMynd is an online mental health and teletherapy platform for college students. By partnering directly with colleges and universities throughout the U.S., BetterMynd enables their students to have live 50-minute video-therapy sessions with our network of over 400 licensed mental health counselors, right from the privacy and convenience of their laptops and mobile devices.
About the Role
BetterMynd is seeking its inaugural product manager and owner, the Director of Product Management, to join our high-growth, impact startup that is helping to improve the mental health of America’s college students.
As the first product manager and leader, and part of a small and agile team, the Director of Product Management will report directly to BetterMynd’s CEO and work closely with the Company’s Leadership Team. In this role, you will be responsible for presenting and executing BetterMynd’s product vision and roadmap, building and growing an exceptional team, including managing two current software engineers, and driving organizational focus and alignment.
This role is ideal for a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment that requires wearing many hats and managing many different projects simultaneously.
- Own the creation and execution of the Company’s Product Roadmap in support of delivering critical outcomes and regularly measure and communicate impact; adjusting course as needed.
- Collaborate with both internal stakeholders (BetterMynd’s team), and external stakeholders (end-users such as students, counselors, or college administrators), to inform product needs and capture these in the form of product memos, demos, and executive presentations.
- Manage the engineering backlog, technical requirements, and product features and lead a cross-functional team of engineering, UX, and others to design solutions and deliver results.
- Manage deployment schedule, communicating new product deliveries to customers in the form of release announcements
- Constantly be learning by conducting market research and interacting with customers to inform our product roadmap and market positioning.
- Be an expert on product and technology-related trends in the higher education and online therapy industries.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in product management, with at least 2 years in a leadership role
- Early-stage (Seed to Series A) startup experience, ideally as one of the first 10-20 employees
- Strong intuition for product interaction design and user experience
- Experience in establishing the product marketing discipline from the ground up and leading product teams to deliver successful SaaS solutions, especially B2B2C
- Experienced people manager, especially managing technical roles such as engineering
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Master's degree in a technology-related field or equivalent experience
- B2B startup experience
- Experience in navigating a product through various stages of growth
- UI/UX experience, including wireframes and journey maps
- Research / Analysis - digging into usage logs, analyzing user session capture data, defining and producing product KPIs, user surveys
- Buffalo, NY (local candidates highly preferred, but willing to consider virtual for the right candidate)
- $145k-170k base; health & dental benefits; unlimited PTO; employee equity
BetterMynd’s EEO Statement:
BetterMynd is dedicated to providing every employee with the best possible employment experience regardless of their race, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, familial status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing/ genetic information, service in the military, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state and local laws. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We value the many identities, perspectives, and experiences of all our employees.